You cannot apply for your official ESTA entry visa here
What is an ESTA application?
ESTA is the abbreviation for Electronic System for Travel Authorization. An ESTA entry permit can be requested through an online application system. It serves the US Department of Homeland Security as a pre-check on immigrants even before they leave their respective countries. Without a valid ESTA, travelers are not allowed to board a plane or ship destined for the USA. This regulation has been in effect since January 12, 2009 for anyone wishing to enter the United States under the Visa Waiver Program.
What is the Visa Waiver Program?
The Visa Waiver Program covers nationals of 36 Visa Waiver countries who are allowed to travel to the United States for up to 90 days for tourist or business reasons without applying for a visa. Citizens of the member states of the Visa Waiver Program have the advantage of being able to travel to the United States at short notice without having to apply for a lengthy visa.
What requirements do citizens of the Visa Waiver States have to fulfill for an ESTA permit?T
- Valid, electronic passport (e-passport). This also applies to babies and children.
- Purpose: tourism or business trip
- Travel time: maximum 90 days
- Return or onward ticket is available. But: Onward tickets may not have destinations in Canada, Mexico or the Caribbean.
- The airline or travel carrier must participate in the visa-free travel program
- Since 1 March 2011, no entry and residence in Iraq, Sudan, Iran, Syria, Libya, Somalia or Yemen should have taken place
- No second citizenship in Iran, Iraq, Sudan or Syria
Please note that ESTA will not grant you entry into the US if you have certain criminal convictions. Check with your local US Consulate before applying for your ESTA entry permit.
Do I have an entry guarantee with the entry permit to the United States?
If your electronic travel authorization is granted, you are eligible for entry to the United States under the Visa Waiver Program. However, you will not get an absolute guarantee of being accepted by the US even with the ESTA entry permit. On arrival in the US, you will be inspected by a customs and border guard official. He will be the last one to decide whether or not your entry is permitted under the Visa Waiver Program or for other reasons.
How long is my entry permit valid?
If not revoked, an entry permit will be valid for two years from the date of approval or until the expiration date of your passport, whichever is earlier.