WHICH IMPORTANT GUIDELINES ARE THERE FOR EXTRACTION SYSTEMS?
In order to market extraction systems across Europe, a declaration of conformity must be drawn up. By affixing the CE mark to the product, the manufacturer confirms that his extraction systems comply with European standards.
A preliminary evaluation is carried out to identify the appropriate guidelines and standards under which the extraction system falls. Normally, the Machinery Directive, the Low Voltage Directive and the Electromagnetic Compatibility Directive apply. Depending on the customer application, the ATEX product directive may also be applied.
CURRENT GUIDELINES, STANDARDS AND REGULATIONS
The current state of the guidelines in the field of extraction technology is:
- Machinery Directive: 2006/42/EC
- Low Voltage Directive: 2014/35/EU
- Electromagnetic Compatibility Directive: 2014/30/EU
- ATEX Product Directive: 2014/34/EU Hazardous Substances Ordinance
In addition, the manufacturer refers in the Declaration of Conformity to the harmonised standards and technical rules or DGUV regulations that were used in the planning of the extraction system by the design engineers.
Some examples of current regulations for extraction systems:
- DGUV Rule 109-001: Grinding, brushing and polishing aluminium - Prevention of dust fires and dust explosions (formerly BGR 109)
- DGUV Rule 109-002: Workplace ventilation - -technical air measures (formerly BGR 121)
- DGUV Rule 209-044: Wood dust (formerly BGR 739-1)
- DGUV Rule 209-077: Welding fumes - suitable ventilation measures
- DGUV Information 209-073: Workplace ventilation - Decision aids for operational practice
- DGUV Information 209-078: Buying extraction systems – doing it right!
- TRGS 528: Welding work
- TRGS 560: Air return when handling carcinogenic hazardous substance
GUIDELINES FOR ESTA EXTRACTION TECHNOLOGY
The extraction systems of ESTA Absaugtechnik are tested according to the CE guideline. They comply with the European specifications, standards and guidelines for extraction systems and are therefore provided with a CE mark.
We would be happy to advise and assist you on the subject of CE and Declaration of Conformity with regard to extraction systems.
Just contact us!